Wednesday, November 2, 2011

While the Baby Cries

I am probably checking statuses and photos on Facebook, or clicking links and retweets on Twitter, while the baby cries.
I am possibly washing day-old dishes, or folding never-ending piles of laundry, while the baby cries.
I am trying to make a healthy lunch, or make a bottle of hard-earned breast milk, while the baby cries.
I am driving in hellish commuter traffic, or have forgotten the diaper bag by the front door, while the baby cries.
I am wrangling the squirming preschooler's hair, telling my husband where he left something, while the baby cries.
I am rushing to finish what I have started, or rushing to start what needs to be done, while the baby cries.
I am bending down to pick her up despite what my physical therapist said, or leaning over her broken drop-side crib despite what my back says, while the baby cries.
I am cuddling, kissing, soothing, singing, whispering...while the to-do list waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment