Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekend

A miraculous occasion was marked today after we had brought the preschooler home from her dance class. We looked at our calendar and were taken aback by the amount of nothing we had to do. No birthday parties, no games, no social engagements, no bills due, no errands to run, nada. I had to check my text messages, voicemails, email accounts, Facebook, Twitter. I was sure I had missed something, or perhaps my calendar app had crashed again? Surely we couldn't have a Saturday in the middle of November, the start of the holiday season, with no plans that would cause us to rush about, panting to get to the next social gathering, straining to fit all we have to do in one day? But there it was, a day in which we could do as we pleased. Our only goals to eat and nap at the normal time.
I opted to stay home, do the daily chores, eat candy, mess about on the computer, watch Frasier on Netflix, and chill. I relaxed with my daughters, played video games with my husband, played with makeup, and ate dinner. I rested on the couch, lounged on the bed, slumped in the desk chair, hung out at the dining room table.
I did so much relaxing today I worried I wouldn't have any time to do it again anytime soon so I looked at the calendar for the start of next week to prepare myself for the onslaught of the next few months and guess what.
I have nothing planned for tomorrow either.
Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment