Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 6- A Valediction

This is the mountain I've created, all at once unfathomable and minute
The myriad display of colors, textures, all familiar in separation by together the whole represents an impossible task- to choose.
defining myself by deciding-
What of this mess? How will I pare down? (Pare! Ha, I make myself laugh)
this chaotic jumble before me-
so many varied sides of myself and yet too many carry reminders. too many are dirty, worn, torn, useless.
The more I study, the more I see what has to go. What I finally have to buckle down and do (buckle!)
It's you, I say to myself.
"It's you."
I say it out loud, pointedly staring at the glaring errors of my life. I'm ready.
Willing and able to say goodbye. I reach into the heart of the giant before me.
"It's you!" I say aloud, again. You, who had served me so well have become painful, even embarrassing.
Farewell to you!
Fare thee well, my neon-orange-platform-sneaker-Spice Girl shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment