Sunday, April 7, 2013

A grandiose and obscure salute to Iain M. Banks

Day four of napowrimo indulged me in my love for the almost useless grandeur of ridiculous vernacular that I have collected through my voracious appetite for books. And yet, while the poem has the title of of one of Mr. Banks famed ships, I have used it only to give a name. It took four days to write because I felt any attempt was too personal. Then I realized that's what my poetry is. Intensely personal. Lacking borders. Poetry is my personality. I'm nothing if not TMI.

"Falling Outside the Normal Moral Constraints"

Wallowing in the seven deadly sins
Relishing the gluttony and the greed
Priding myself on lust and need
Envying the happy, healthy, lovely, wealthy
Raging at the sloth dwelling inside
Fearing the wrath that I often hide
Floundering in these ever-present toxins







No comments:

Post a Comment